Which web host do you recommend for a WordPress website? If you’re trying to decide between Bluehost vs GoDaddy vs HostGator, this comparison should help.
Read this guide from start to finish, and you’ll have all the information you need to make an informed decision among the three web hosting providers.
Without further ado, then, let’s get started.
- Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator 2023
- WordPress optimization;
- Pricing: BlueHost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator
- Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator: Who Wins?
- Conclusion: Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator 2023
Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator 2023
In this article, we’ll examine the three web hosts in terms of four key factors and provide a recommendation on which one is the best and why.
In particular, we’ll be examining the following:
- Improved WordPress compatibility.
Okay, I’m ready to get started.
With millions of customers and counting, Bluehost is a global leader in the web hosting industry.
Bluehost is an American company that has hosted over 2 million websites since 2003.
In fact, WordPress officially recommends Bluehost as one of the top three web hosting services.
I’ll list a few of bluehost’s more appealing qualities below.
- cPanel, which is included with Bluehost, is user-friendly for beginners.
- All Bluehost plans come with a free domain name and SSL certificate for one year.
- If you purchase hosting from Bluehost and aren’t satisfied within the first 30 days, you can get your money back without hassle.
- Bluehost offers unlimited disc space and transfer in all of its shared hosting packages.
- You can reach them via phone, live chat, and a wealth of user guides and tutorials if you need assistance.
Blue Host is a great choice for beginners and small businesses with low-to-medium traffic.
Although Bluehost is a major player in the web hosting industry, Godaddy is even larger.
More than 77 million domains are registered and hosted by Godaddy. Despite its humble beginnings in 1997, the company now boasts more than 20 million users from every corner of the globe.
When it comes to web hosting, the company isn’t as well-known as it is for registering domain names.
First, though, let’s take a look at some of Godaddy’s more appealing qualities as a web host.
- Like Bluehost, Godaddy offers a cpanel that’s simple and perfect for novices.
- Besides the first plan, all the others include a free domain name and an expert email address for your website to use for an entire year.
- Using Godaddy, your website can be hosted from any of the servers located in any of the Global data centres located in any country.
- An agent is available around the clock to take your call and help you with any issue you might have.
- An additional bonus is a refund policy valid for the first 30 days. The service comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied with it..
Godaddy is known mostly for its domain registration service, but they also provide good web hosting. Registration of domains is more popular and better than web hosting.
Hostgator is yet another popular web host that operates out of the USA.
It’s yet another web hosting provider. Established in 2002, it now serves as a host for over 2 million websites.
What’s interesting is that both Hostgator and bluehost are owned by the same company: endurance International Group.
Browse around at some of the cool stuff and features that HostGator has to offer.
- An SSL certificate and domain name are provided at no additional cost with each of HostGator’s annual hosting plans.
- No matter which plan you choose, you’ll never have to worry about exceeding your allotted storage space or monthly data transfer.
- Furthermore, you will receive $100 worth of free advertising from both Google and Microsoft.
- There is always someone to help you, any time of day or night, seven days a week. The team is available via phone, live chat, social media platforms like Twitter, and an informative wiki.
- The time limit for requesting a refund is 45 days..
When you have an established website with a lot of traffic, Hostgator is a better choice. Here’s a closer look at how these three web hosting companies compare.
Here’s what you should know about website performance:
That’s right, you guessed correctly.
- Loading speed of the website.
- Website uptime guarantee.
- Improvements in speed and uptime.
Since your web host is the primary factor in determining your site’s loading speed and uptime, working with a reliable host can directly improve your search engine rankings and lead to more conversions and sales.
You can’t afford to ignore this aspect of your website’s performance, as research shows that a delay of just 100 milliseconds in the loading of a page can reduce conversion rates by as much as 7%.
Start right away evaluating the hosting companies’ speeds and dependability.
Bluehost speed and uptime:
The results of actual tests were extremely similar to Bluehost’s 99.99% uptime claim; the average uptime of bluehost during the 12-month period was 99.96%.
However, you should know that owing to several factors, like server maintenance, security checks, and so on, no web hosting business can guarantee a faultless 100% uptime.
In addition, the average server response time for a website hosted on Bluehost’s shared platform is just 688 milliseconds (ms).
In addition to these core features, Bluehost also offers a variety of extra tools that can be used to improve your website’s usability.
- Data is stored on SSDs.
- Advanced caching has been enabled in the cache.
- The Cloudflare CDN is free of charge.
- PHP versions are updated on all websites.
- HTTP2 is used to load websites.
Let’s take a look at the other hosting companies.
GoDaddy speed and uptime:
You can see that Godaddy’s hosting servers have a 12-month average uptime of 99.94% and a server response time of 531 ms.
In addition, GoDaddy provides tools to boost the functionality of your website.
- The latest PHP version is available.
- CDNs increase speed.
Hostgator speed and uptime:
During the past year, Hostgator has averaged 99.93% uptime with a response time of 734 milliseconds.
A number of hostgator’s other tools also improve the efficiency of websites hosted on the platform.
- Cloudflare is the CDN used.
- For storing data, SSD drives are used.
We will compare five different features of WordPress Optimization that are not included in the hosting packages of the following web hosts.
|Install WordPress with a single click.||✓||✓||✓|
|WordPress offers security features such as SSL, CDN, DDoS protection, firewall protection, malware scanning, SSH access, and backups.||✓||✓||✓|
|A free website migration service is available.||✓||× paid feature||✓|
|Boost your WordPress website’s performance with managed WordPress hosting.||✓||✓||✓|
|Make updates to your site without impacting the live version by creating a staging environment.||✓||× free in higher plans not basic||× not there|
Now that we know what features each hosting company offers and how WordPress Optimisation works with them, we can move on to the pricing area and the various plans they offer.
Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator: Who Wins?
After carefully weighing my options, I have settled on recommending Bluehost as the superior web host.
Ahead, you’ll find the five most notable advantages of using Bluehost.
- WordPress recommends Bluehost specifically.
- When it comes to managed WordPress hosting, Bluehost is your best bet.
- Bluehost is also decent in terms of speed and uptime, especially considering the many optimization tools it provides.
- Bluehost has a website builder and is also incredibly user-friendly thanks to cpanel.
- Bluehost provides the most bang for your buck for beginners because of its abundance of extra services like unlimited storage and a free domain name.
There are also problems with the other hosting businesses on this list, in addition to GoDaddy’s poor customer service.
There has not been a staging area established.
The price and features make it not particularly appealing.For your new website, I recommend WordPress and Bluehost.
- SeekaHost Review
- Top Best Managed WordPress Hosting
- How To Start a Blog With BLUEHOST
- Best Web Hosting Black Friday Deals
- Siteground Black Friday deals
- Winhost Coupon Codes, Promos, Discounts & Deals December
- How To Create Amazon Comparison Tables on WordPress Website
- Rocket.net Review
- Turnkey Internet Hosting Coupons
- How to Host Your Own Website?
- WP Rocket Review
- HostingRaja Review
- Scala Hosting Discount Code & Promo Codes
- InMotion Hosting Discount & Coupon Codes
Conclusion: Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator 2023
I’ve compared the three leading web hosting providers—GoDaddy vs HostGator vs BlueHost—keeping a few key factors in mind.
These hosting services are reliable and simple to use. Price, speed, user-friendliness, and support are just some of the factors you can evaluate side by side to find the best fit. Let’s see if you can follow this analogy.
If you’ve used Godaddy, Bluehost, or Hostgator before, what did you think of them? Please do tell us what you think in the comments.
There you go these are all the things you need to know about these web hosting companies.
Do comment down what you think about the blog post and which web hosting company you are going to choose.