Dropping your iPhone in water by accident is something that unfortunately happens to a lot of people.
If you are one of those unlucky individuals, don’t despair – there are a few things you can do to try and save your phone.
If you’re an iPhone owner, there’s a good chance you’ve dropped your phone in the water at some point.
While it’s not a common occurrence, dropping your iPhone in water (or even the toilet) is definitely something you want to avoid.
In this post, we’ll share some tips on how to deal with an accidental water spill and what to do if your iPhone does happen to get wet.
The good news is that if you drop your iPhone in the water or toilet, there are some things you can do to try to save it.
The bad news is that it’s not always possible to fix a wet iPhone, and the damage may be beyond repair.
If your iPhone has been submerged in water, follow the steps as soon as possible mentioned below.
What is an iPhone?
An iPhone is a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc. All generations of the iPhone use Apple’s iOS mobile operating system software.
The first-generation iPhone was released on June 29, 2007, and multiple new hardware iterations with new iOS releases have been released since.
The user interface is built around the device’s multi-touch screen, including a virtual keyboard.
The iPhone can sort its media library by songs, artists, albums, videos, playlists, genres, compilations, composers, and podcasts. Users can create their own Genius playlists, and sync them to other iOS devices or iTunes on a Mac or PC.
What to do when your iPhone dropped in water?
If your iPhone ever gets wet, it’s important to act fast and try to get the water out as soon as possible.
Image Credit: Pixabay
Here are a few tips on how to do that:
1. Turn off your iPhone immediately. This will help prevent any further damage from the water.
2. Remove the SIM card and any other external accessories.
3. Use a clean, soft cloth to gently wipe the water off the outside of your iPhone.
4. If possible, hold your iPhone upside down so that the water can drain out.
5. If you have an iPhone case, take it off to allow the phone to air out and dry more quickly.
6. Put your iPhone in a dry, safe place where it can air out completely. Avoid direct sunlight or excessive heat, which can damage your phone further.
7. Once your iPhone is completely dry, turn it back on and check for any damage. If everything appears to be working properly, congrats! You’ve successfully dried out your iPhone.
If your iPhone was submerged in water for an extended period of time or if it was exposed to salt water, it’s possible that there is internal damage.
In this case, it’s best to take your phone to a professional for repair. But following these steps should help you get rid of any water on the outside of your iPhone and dry it out as much as possible.
- How to Transfer Music From iPhone to iTunes Free?
- How To Recover Deleted Videos From iPhone?
- How To Record Call On iPhone Without App?
Conclusion: iPhone Dropped in Water 2023
If you ever find yourself in the unfortunate position of dropping your iPhone in the water, don’t panic.
There are a few things you can do to try and save it from water damage.
The most important thing is to act fast – the longer your phone is wet, the greater the chance of permanent damage.