In this post, you’ll get complete details on how to fix Instagram couldn’t refresh feed. Here, I have covered all the ways to fix the issue of Instagram, not refreshing feed.
If Instagram is displaying a “Could not refresh feed” error, you have come to the right place. This article shares why your Instagram profile isn’t updating and all the possible solutions to fix this issue.
Instagram is a Facebook-owned photo and video-sharing social media site where you may upload visual material for your followers and engage with the photographs and videos of others.
It is a terrific platform for keeping up with people you know or follow and also you can explore visually engaging content to keep you entertained.
However, it is very frustrating when Instagram returns the error ‘Couldn’t refresh feed’ as you attempt to see new photos.
Here I will share a step-by-step guide on how to solve this problem and update your Instagram feed.
- Error Message: ” Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed “
- Here’s how to refresh your Instagram feed and fix the error
- 1. Make sure you have an active internet connection
- 2. Set the date and time automatically
- 3. Relogin after logging out
- 4. Clear the Instagram cache
- 5. Make sure your device is restarted
- 6. Reinstall Instagram or update it
- 7. Check if you are blocked from performing your actions
- 8. Increase Instagram’s data limits
- 9. Get in touch with Instagram support
- Conclusion: Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed
Error Message: ” Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed “
You may not be receiving updates from Instagram for the following reasons:
1. Your connection to the internet is slow
The most likely cause of an Instagram feed that’s not refreshing is a sluggish or intermittent internet connection. Consequently, the Instagram application cannot download the most recent photographs and videos to your feed.
A choppy Internet connection may be caused by a number of factors, including an overloaded network or a weak signal.
2. Your Instagram application is obsolete
If you’re using an outdated version of Instagram on your smartphone, you’re likely to encounter performance issues, including the ‘Could not refresh feed’ error.
Instagram may not be able to refresh your feed if the app’s servers are offline. Check Instagram’s other social media profiles to determine whether their servers are momentarily offline.
Additionally, you can visit Downdetector to monitor any disruptions.
4. Instagram cache is at capacity
If the Instagram cache files on your device are full, you may have performance issues that prevent you from refreshing Instagram. Cache files are the temporary files that the app stores on your smartphone in order to accelerate page load times for a more seamless experience.
5. Your date and time are incorrect
Instagram may also display the ‘Could not refresh feed’ issue if the date and time settings on your device are not in sync with the actual date and time.
It occurs because Instagram’s backend isn’t synchronized with your phone’s time and date, resulting in inconsistencies when the app tries to refresh the feed.
6. Instagram has obstructed your actions
Instagram regularly analyses user behavior and bans account access if “inauthentic behavior” is detected.
Your account typically is suspended when you like/comment on too many posts or follow too many accounts in a short period of time.
- How to Share YouTube Video on Instagram Story?
- How Can You Watch YouTube On Amazon Fire Tablet Smoothly?
- How To Get Subscribers On Snapchat?
Conclusion: Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed
Here are all the solutions I’ve found to fix Instagram’s “Couldn’t Refresh” issue. Please let me know what you think about this post in the comments!