In this article, you will come across some of the Best Laptops for Drawing that are great value for money and a detailed specs teardown of the best laptops for drawing.
This article will review the specifications for a drawing laptop, the pros and cons, and the final judgment on which laptop is the best for drawing.
Without any further due, let’s jump into the field of the best laptops for drawing.
In this article, I am going to take a look at seven impressive laptops:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- LG Gram
- Apple Macbook Pro
- HP Spectre x360
- Lenovo Yoga C940
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pen
- Microsoft Surface 2
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
Apple Macbook Pro
HP Spectre x360
Lenovo Yoga C940
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen
Microsoft Surface 2
7 Best Laptops For Drawing 2024
The following are some of the most highly recommended laptops for sketching that are available on the market:
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- 12.3″ Pixel Dense Display
- Intel Core i5 processor
- 8 GB or 16 GB RAM
- 256 GB SSD or 1 TB Storage
- Windows 10
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is the most reliable and best-selling two-in-one laptop globally. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is powerful from its innards and equally well-built for diverse uses.
It can be connected with a detachable keyboard and can be easily used for drawing purposes as a tablet. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is compact and lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
- Its 12.3″ Pixel Dense Display produces True-to-live color reproduction with a pixel count of 2736 x 1824p.
- The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is made of magnesium and has a unique finish that makes it lightweight and robust.
- The keyboard you get with the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is an excellent keyboard that has perfect key travel and is responsive at the same time.
- Compatible with the Surface pen that has been engineered for drawing purposes so that the artist gets perfection with every stroke.
- It has a USB Type-C port.
- You only get a 3.5 mm earphone jack.
- A power button and volume rockers.
- Powered by an Intel Core i5 processor
- Comes with 8 GB of RAM and a 256 GB SSD.
- The battery can last you up to 10.5 hours with one charge.
- You also get WiFi 6 and Bluetooth options with the Microsoft Surface Pro 7.
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 can also be bought with a Core i7 processor with 16 GB of RAM and up to 1 TB of SSE, making it stand out among the powerful convertibles.
I would recommend this laptop to someone looking for a reliable one in a budget segment who wants it to last long.
- Ergonomic design.
- Value for money.
- Bright display.
- Minimal option for ports.
2. LG Gram
- Intel 10 Gen Intel Core i7
- 16 GB of RAM.
- 512 GB SSD.
- 17″ full HD display.
- 18.5 hours of battery backup.
LG is a well-known brand for monitors, and the Gram lineup of laptops from LG has been offering some of the best portable laptops that are thin, light, and powerful.
LG Gram, as the name suggests, is the easiest to carry laptop despite having the large 17″ full HD display, which comes with 2K 2560 by 1600p resolution, offering a high-density display that is excellent for watching movies and editing photos and videos.
- As the LG Gram has a narrow bezel, it looks smaller than its contemporaries with a 17-inch screen.
- The keyboard of this laptop is very well spaced up, and it doesn’t look like it is cramped up
- . You also get a fingerprint scanner in the top right corner.
- The trackpad is quite good and pretty responsive.
- You can also start doodling with the pen you get with LG Gram, making it usable for drawing.
- On the right, you get a 3.5 mm audio jack, a thunderbolt port, an HDMI port, a USB A port, and a DC input for charging purposes.
- On the left hand, you get 2 USB 3.0 ports and a micro SD card reader.
- Supported by the Intel 10 Gen Intel Core i7 1065G7 CPU that can give a peak speed of 4.1GHz.
- It comes with 16 GigaBytes of RAM and 512 GigaBytes SSD, bumping the laptop’s overall performance and drawing experience.
This laptop’s battery can last up to 18.5 hours with one charge only. I recommend this laptop to someone looking for high performance with a large screen and more usability.
- Easy to use.
- Lightweight laptop.
- 17″ Wide display.
- Thunderbolt 3 supported.
- Slight flex saw in the keyboard.
Apple MacBook Pro
- 13″ Full HD Display
- Intel Core i5 10 Gen
- Intel UHD Graphics
- Touchscreen Toolbar
- Touch ID scanner
One laptop that I can refer to for anyone looking for productivity and video editing or content-creating tasks is the Apple Macbook Pro.
The Apple MacBook Pro is the most versatile and reliable laptop with a MAC Operating system that anyone can buy.
- The Apple Macbook Pro’s build and design are so well-engineered that when you look at it once, you can feel it’s built and rigid.
- It has a 13″ full HD display produces very bright and appealing colors.
- It is so thin and compact that it can be easily opened with one hand or finger.
- The keyboard of the Apple Macbook Pro is so clicky and responsive, with perfect key spacing and travel, that you can’t expect any mistakes while typing with this keyboard.
- The trackpad on the Apple Macbook Pro is spacious and very precious for sketching purposes.
- The port options on the Apple Macbook Pro are minimal, and you only get two USB Type-C’s, a 3.5 mm combined headphone jack, and a charging dock.
- On the top of the keyboard, you get something new that is called a touch bar that gives you accessibility to many various options that ease up your work.
- Featured an Intel Core i5 10 generation chip that can give up to the top 3.8GHz of clock speed.
- The Apple Macbook Pro’s battery life is exceptional and lasts up to 10 hours.
The performance of this laptop is notably better than other laptops, not just because of the price of this laptop but actually because of the quality and user-interactive experience.
Apple Macbook Pro has Integrated Intel UHD graphics that can render 4K video quickly.
I would recommend this laptop to anyone from any background and for any purpose other than gaming because the Apple Macbook Pro is beneficial for both work and performance if you want to try out this laptop.
- Sturdy laptop.
- Best in performance.
- Precise trackpad.
- Little Bit Expensive
HP Spectre x360
- Intel Core i5 8265U
- 8 GB RAM
- 256 GB SSD
- 62-watt hour charger
- 15.6” Full HD 1080p
Now, we have the HP Spectre, a two-in-one device that is relatively popular among artists. Looking at the specs, it comes with value for money.
The Spectre is entirely built from Aluminum, giving it a solid, robust look and toughness. The keyboard, though, provides gaslight flex, but that is unnoticeable.
- The 360-degree hinges of the HP Spectre are also reliable and have sufficient resistance to it.
- Depending upon your use, the hinge allows you to convert your laptop into a tablet or a tent.
- The screen that HP Spectre has a 15.6″ Full HD 1080p display
- It has a pen for drawing, and the visuals are seen pretty well on the screen.
- The keyboard of the HP Spectre is very soft and spacious, although the function keys are too small.
- The trackpad of the HP Spectre uses synaptic drivers and is made up of Glass, which gives a good response while used.
- On the right edge of the laptop, you get a power button and a USB A port
- On the left, you get 2 USB-C, a 3.5 mm headphone jack, and a micro.
- On the inside of the laptop, you get Intel Core i5 8265U
- THE OVERALL LAPTOP’S 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD performance is good, although I recommend you go for a 16 GB RAM variant as it would give a better performance.
- The thermal regulation of the laptop is quite good, and the fans of the laptop do an outstanding job with less noise.
- You get a 62-watt charger that can give you a battery life of up to 8 to 9 hours on a single charge.
- You also get a Fingerprint scanner and Windows face unlock for faster logins.
I would recommend this laptop to someone looking for a handy convertible device for drawing and performance.
- Convertible touchscreen laptop.
- Aluminum built.
- Touch pen supported.
- Slight flex in the keyboard
You may also like:
Lenovo Yoga C940
- Intel i7-9750H
- 14″ Full HD display
- Convertible screen
- 512 GB SSD
- 18 hours of battery backup
When you think of ultra-lightweight laptops for multiple user modes, the only thing that comes to mind is the convertible laptops because you can convert them into a tablet, a tent, and a laptop according to your usage.
Now we have the Lenovo Yoga c940, a very suitable laptop for artists. The Lenovo Yoga c940 comes in a grey aluminum body refined with a touch of cold metal.
More elegant than ever, it reaches a class that we call premium.
- The 14″ chassis of the Lenovo Yoga C940 is compact, and the rigid design doesn’t allow it to twist and prevents any flexing.
- It comes with gorilla glass protection, and the bezels on display are minimal with a pixel count of 1920 x 1080p, and the brightness can be bumped up to 400 nits.
- The screen uses the latest IPS matrix with the glass filter mentioned above and Dolby Vision for 100 nits specification, which is the standard step.
- You also get a pen to use with this laptop for drawing purposes, which is very precise and gives very expressive strokes.
- The keyboard offers a sophisticated feel with its large keys.
- The touchpad is beautifully comfortable and precise, and you also get a fingerprint sensor for faster user logins.
- Lenovo tried to minimize the number of connectors on this laptop, so there is no opening on the laptop’s right.
- On the left, you get a USB A port, USB 3, a Thunderbolt port, and a 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Under the hood, you get Intel’s i7-9750H, whose cores are operating at a frequency of 4.5GHz along with that,
- You also get an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GPU for graphic processing.
- The memory support you get with this laptop is you get 16 GB RAM and 512 SSD.
- The battery of the Lenovo C940 can last you up to 18 hours with one single charge.
- Convertible laptop.
- Perfect display for drawing.
- Robust design.
- High-performance GPU and CPU.
- Significantly fewer port options are available.
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen
- Intel Core i7 Processor.
- 8GB RAM
- 256 GB SSD
- 10 of battery support.
- 13.3″ Display.
Samsung is known for its display and the monitor it makes for computers.
Samsung has also stepped into the laptop world, making valuable laptops for its customers. Now, we have the Samsung Notebook 9 pen.
- The Samsung Notebook 9 Pen is built with a Magnesium alloy that gives it a powerful and robust design, and only weighs 2.2 lbs.
- The Samsung Notebook 9 is a professional-looking laptop without anything fancy.
- The Samsung Notebook 9 has a 1080p display with vibrant visuals and good color saturation.
- The keyboard of the Samsung Notebook 9 is very well placed and has a definite key journey, which gives very little or no typing errors.
- The trackpad is well-placed, and at the same time, it is clicky and responsive too.
- You also get a pretty fast Fingerprint Scanner.
- The heart leans on an Intel Core i7 8550U processor with 8GB RAM for memory management and 256 GB SSD for internal storage.
- Samsung Notebook 9 performs very well in Photo and video editing tasks and a little light gaming.
- The battery of the Samsung Notebook 9 can last up to 10 hours on a single charge for light usage, but if you use it with a little heavy software, it will last up to 5 hours.
- The S pen gives a lot more usability; if you are an artist, you can do a lot of cool stuff with the S pen attached to the laptop.
I will suggest this laptop to someone who needs the features of Samsung, which are installed in the Note series of Samsung. This laptop is very productive for drawing purposes because of the precision of the S Pen.
- Small and compact.
- Samsung S pen Supported.
- Easy drawing down.
- Limited ports.
Microsoft Surface 2
- 15″ & a13″ Display sizes
- Intel’s Core i7 860 processor
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 GPU
- 16 GB RAM
- 512 GB SSD
Now we have the Microsoft Surface 2, an updated version of the previous version.
This time, Microsoft has made some hardware changes that make it a cool gadget.
- The Microsoft Surface 2 has 15″ and 13″ screen display sizes available that are Full HD 4K display that gives a pixel count of 3260 x 2160p, which gives a realistic approach to the visuals that are generated on the screen.
- The hinge of the Microsoft Surface Book 2 doesn’t look that strong because of the design.
- It has a detachable screen that allows you to use this laptop as a tablet.
- You need to get a separate pen for drawing that is very precise and has to have sensitive touch receptors installed in it.
- The keyboard has a backlit keyboard that is clicky and tactile and has a backlight that helps you work in a dark environment, too.
- The trackpad of the Microsoft Surface 2 has also improved from its previous versions, all thanks to the Windows precision drivers.
- The button mechanism feels a little more deliberate when you press it and is a little louder than the previous Surface models.
- The performance of the Microsoft Surface 2 is excellent; it runs on Intel’s Core i7 860 processor for processing tasks and supports 16 GB RAM and fast memory support of 512 GB SSD.
- You also get an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, which adds to its performance.
- The battery of the Microsoft Surface 2 laptop can last up to 10 hours of continuous use with a screen brightness of 250 nits.
I like Surface Book Two because of the minor details they have focused on to maximize the laptop’s performance in all parameters.
- Compact and light-weighted laptop.
- Adequate CPU and GPU.
- Easily convertible into a tablet.
- Best for drawing purposes.
- You Need to purchase a separate pen for drawing.
Buying Tips For Best Laptops For Artists on a Budget
Here are a few essential tips to ensure you’re getting Features That Matter the most to you.
1. Operating System:
When you’re starting, start with the operating system. You already have many preferences, which depend on what you do and are used to.
The display of the laptop you buy should be very bright and should produce very accurate color.
Before buying a laptop for drawing, make sure that you get a laptop with a screen resolution of more than 1920 x 1080p, and also check the screen’s refresh rate.
Looking at the laptop’s internal components, the processor is the essential parameter, or you can say the heart of the computer. But you’ll need a core i5, core i7, or AMD Ryzen chip for smooth web browsing, video streaming, and multitasking.
- 10 Best Laptops for Game Development
- 5 Best Laptops for Animation
- 5 Best Laptops For Solidworks
- 10 Best Laptops For Podcasting
- 15 Best Laptops for Bloggers and Writers
Conclusion: Best Laptops For Drawing 2024
Being an artist is not easy, and your work is highly reliant on the laptop you use. Choosing the right laptop to suit your requirements and capabilities is essential.
So the Lenovo Yoga C940 is the best laptop for an artist I have found remarkable. This laptop is packed with speed and features. The C940’s screen is ideal for an artist’s display.
Please let me know what you think in the comments if this article has helped you decide which laptop is ideal for an artist.
I gratefully accept your feedback, ideas, and criticism.