Quick Answer: YES, the AirTag makes a sound when looking for a device through the Find My app. It also makes a noise when you set it up for the first time and change the battery successfully.
Have you ever wondered how the Apple AirTag manages to make a noise when it’s separated from your iPhone or iPad?
Here’s the scoop: Apple has ingeniously incorporated a diaphragm hidden neatly beneath a plastic cover to create this chime in specific situations. And guess what? It’s all for your benefit!
This clever feature is designed to help us find our lost items effortlessly. All we need to do is open the Find My app, and voilà, the AirTag emits a sound (not too loud, around 60 dB) audible enough to pinpoint its location.
Let’s explore the magic behind this little device!
- AirTags feature built-in speakers for audible alerts.
- These alerts include beeps and chirps for various purposes.
- Notably, AirTags sound during setup, tracking, and battery replacement.
- Low battery status doesn’t trigger sounds, but they do occur during battery replacement.
- Users can easily enable, disable, or pause AirTag sound alerts via iPhone settings.
Why does an AirTag make noise?
AirTags have distinct sounds for various situations, such as initial setup or using the ‘Find My’ app to locate an item.
They also emit a series of beeps when the battery runs low, signaling the need for battery replacement.
However, concerns arose after AirTags were misused for stalking purposes, prompting Apple to implement an alert system. This system triggers a beeping sound on an AirTag if it moves away from its owner, alerting people nearby.
To address this concern, anyone with an NFC device can scan the AirTag’s embedded tag, contact the owner, and facilitate the safe return of lost items. If it’s being used maliciously, it can be disposed of.
This safety feature aims to prevent misuse of AirTags and enhance user security.
- Amazon Music On Apple Watch: How To Install & Listen?
- How To Fix No Service On iPhone?
- How To Convert Pictures To PDF On iPhone?
- iPhone Touch Screen Not Working Properly? Here is The Fix!
Wrapping up: Does the Apple AirTag make noise?
While some users may prefer AirTags to operate silently, the beeping sound is valuable to the user experience.
It enhances convenience and aids users in quickly locating their items, minimizing the risk of loss. Although there may be situations where the sound is inconvenient, it’s reassuring to know that you can disable it when needed.
However, exercising caution and using this feature responsibly is essential, ensuring that the AirTag’s tracking functionality is not exploited inappropriately.