SSL Connection Error
If you are here, then probably you too are facing the SSL Connection Error in your Google Chrome browser. This error can be very annoying and irritating when your are unable to open Gmail or Facebook etc. After performing a lot of research on Google Chrome SSL connection error, thankfully I found a fix to it. Today I am sharing some of the solution that will probably fix this SSL Connection Error. If you are also facing the same SSL connection error in your browser then you have come at the right place. Here, I have explained about SSL, its causes and detailed procedure to fix SSL Connection error in your Google Chrome Browser.
What is SSL Connection error ?
Secure Socket Layers (SSL) is used by websites to ensure privacy protection. SSL ensures to keep any info that is entered by the users on a page is private and secure. Personal information such as passwords, account details, and other confidential information are safely protected with the use of SSL.
Some Causes of SSL Connection Error:
- Mismatch of date and time in your system.
- Untrusted SSL certificate
- The SSL certificate is not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
- SSL certificate name mismatch error.
- You are behind Corporate firewall and you are trying to use a htpps:// websites.
- The page contains both secure and non secure items.
- An antivirus scanning encrypted connections.
1. Correct The Date And Time Of Your System:
Mismatch date and time is one of the most common reason that causes the SSL connection error in Chrome. Whenever you try to to open a website, it starts tracking your system’s location, date and time. And if there is a mismatch in the information, the website blocks the certification from your system. So, you just need to check and correct your system’s date and time and relaunch the Google Chrome browser.
- Recommended article: 6 Ways To Unblock Youtube | Access YouTube Unblocked
2. Change The Settings Of Your Antivirus:
Antivirus such as Kaspersky and BitDefender blocks the conflict certificates by default and causes SSL connection error in the browser. So, you just need to change the settings of the antivirus. Follow the below procedure to change it:
- Shut down all browsers. Now, open your antivirus control panel.
- Now click on ‘Settings’. Go to ‘Advanced Settings‘ tab and click on ‘Network‘.
- Under the ‘Encrypted connections scan‘, uncheck ‘Scan encrypted settings‘.
- Now click Apply and Ok.
- Relaunch your browser and open the desired website.
3. Fine Tune Google Chrome Browser:
Sometimes the Google Chrome Browser need some fine tuning to solve this error. Just follow the below steps to solve this error:
- First right click on the Shortcut file of Google Chrome at your desktop.
- Go to Properties. A new window will pop up on your screen.
- You will find a field named “Target”. Just modify it. Add the below code in front as show in the below image.
- Click on OK and save it.
- Now, open the browser and and the desired website.
So these were few method using which you can surely fix SSL Connection error in your Google chrome Browser. But if you still have can’t solve this error stay tuned to GizmoBase, we will bring more methods to solve it soon.
- Also read: Cheap and top best asp net hosting
1 thought on “How to Fix SSL Connection Error: Solved”
Thanks for sharing the valuable information.