There are two potential triggers for Mac’s dialogue box:
- Your Mac is using an out-of-date printer driver.
- This printer is inaccessible because the user does not have the necessary permissions to use it.
In the former instance, you should be able to delete any unrecognized printers from inside System Preferences. Repairing the latter problem would need somewhat more work.
To start, what is Printtool for Mac OS?
It is a process exclusive to macOS called Printtool, and its primary function is to manage printer interfaces.
The printtool system procedure is essential as it verifies the printer is active and ready to print. You will see this window if you launch Activity Monitor and type “printtool” into the search bar.
Printtool Is Attempting to Change Printer Settings: [FIXED]
This is what you should do if you find yourself in the latter situation:
- Please open the Finder.
- Using the Finder’s menu bar, choose to Go > Go to Folder…
- Follow this door: /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications
- Open the directory utility.
- Go using a directory editor.
- Choose Groups under What to View.
- Simply type “print” into the search bar.
- On the left side, click Print Administrator.
- To add a new member to a group, click the “+” button to the right of the group membership heading in the right-hand pane.
- To stop receiving these alerts on a specific user account, edit the new value to reflect that name and then click the Save button.
- Put an end to using Directory Editor.
- Cancel this session and log back in using this user ID.
How can I disable the Printer PopUp notification?
Find the item for “NetPopup” in the system variable KHEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintProviders and disable it.
Then, it would help if you restarted Windows (however stopping and restarting the print spooler will suffice). It is the print queue server’s responsibility to set this attribute if the printer is located on an NT server.
The Printers Control applet may also be used to do this.
- Splash up the Printing Controls Applet (Start – Settings – Printers)
- Access Server Properties from the File menu.
- Select the “Advanced” menu option.
- Remove the tick from the box labeled “Notify me when remote documents are printed.”
- Choose the OK option.
- Simply reboot the machine.
How Can I Hide My Local Printers?
- Control Panel may be accessed by clicking the “Start” button, followed by the “Control Panel” option.
- Select the “View devices and printers” option under “Hardware and Sound” to see what printing hardware you have.
- To hide a printer, right-click it and choose “Printer properties” from the menu that appears.
- Select the “Security” tab in the Printer Properties dialogue to enter its settings.
- Choose “Everyone” in the “Group or user names” field, and then hit the “Remove” button.
- Click the “Remove” button to take away printing privileges from everyone except yourself.
- Select the “Apply” button to save the modified settings and the “OK” button to dismiss the Printer Properties window.
- How to Add Printer to iPad? Ultimate Guide
- How To Fix Netflix Not Working On Apple TV
- My Apple Watch Won’t Turn On: How To Fix It?
Conclusion: Printtool Is Trying to Modify the Printer Settings
Above we mentioned every aspect of this topic. Hope that the article did justice to your expectations and sorted every query of yours.
If there is still any query, problem or suggestion then do let us know in the comment section below. Thank you.