In this post, you’ll get to know about How To Remove Computrace From a Laptop 2022?
Every human being has the right to possess property, valuable assets, and items of potential worth. And it’s common knowledge that other people who share this globe with us may steal these items from you.
To avoid such catastrophe, additional security precautions are performed such as limiting the entry to your house or locking up your valuables in a box or bank.
However, when it comes to protecting your digital data, these solutions may be more impractical than you think. That’s far more rational. Absolute Program has created a software called Computerace which allows cutting-edge security against annoying intruders.
A strong, sleek, and effective security feature is built into practically every respected brand on the planet, but removing it from your laptop might be difficult. But I urge you to wait and learn more about the program before deciding whether or not to uninstall it.
If this is the case, then follow my procedures below to remove Computrace from a laptop.
What is Computrace? And why is it so important?
In short, computrace is an anti-theft program that is incorporated into your hardware through the kernel and may be accessed via the BIOS menu.
As stated above, Absolute Software has devised an innovative approach to monitor intruders or criminals who could take your laptop.
Once the anti-theft sensors are activated, it attempts to connect to its host, which is situated at the Absolute software monitoring center as a database.
This not only tracks the position of the laptop but also pinpoints every action that occurs, as well as contacting the local police.
Although the service is not free, it assures that you, the customer, get the greatest possible protection against laptop theft.
Because it is built into the laptop’s hardware, Computrace, also known as Lojack, is one of the best and most difficult to uninstall programs. But it isn’t difficult to remove, and here’s how.
How To Remove Computrace From a Laptop? Best Steps
Be warned, however, that once this software is removed from your computer, there is no turning back. This means you’ll have to say goodbye to Computrace permanently.
If you decide to deactivate this security feature for any reason, make sure you examine all of your choices well before doing so.
By the way, this is the first of two techniques.
1. With the help of the BIOS
- It is necessary to restart your laptop and access the BIOS settings.
- F2 or F10 may be the appropriate BIOS key depending on the kind of laptop you have.
- Since your mouse won’t be operating in this state, use your keyboard to go to the security tab in the top right corner of the screen after entering BIOS mode.
- Disable the Computrace security option on the Security tab and hit Enter.
- Now, hit Exit and save and restart your laptop, depending on the speed of your laptop.
- Now that you’re all prepared, sit back and relax.
2. Using the Windows Uninstaller utility
For any of my friends who don’t know how to use the Windows Uninstaller software to remove undesirable apps like these, I’ve included the methods below for their convenience.
- Click the start button in the bottom left corner of your screen or use the Windows key on your keyboard to get started.
- Take a look at “Program” in the Control Panel.
- You’ll have access to a plethora of unwanted programs that have been installed on your laptop.
- Now locate the Lojack Computrace application and double-click on it to begin the installation.
- Getting rid of it will take a while, but you’ll be OK.
- 10+ Best Laptops For DJs: Best For Music Production
- 10 Best Laptops for Artists: [Expert Recommendations]
- 5 Best Laptops For Sims 4: Fast & Smooth Performance
- 10 Best Laptops for Watching Movies: [High-End, Budget, Cheap]
- 5 Best Laptops For Solidworks: (Hardware Guide)
Conclusion: How To Remove Computrace From a Laptop?
So you’re done and out of the Computrace application, but be sure to read the following cautions and features before you continue.
In the meanwhile, I hope you found this information on how to uninstall Computrace from a laptop to be informative and helpful.