This comprehensive tutorial includes two simple step-by-step instructions for measuring your laptop’s screen size accurately.
Once you know how to do it, finding out your laptop’s screen size is quick and straightforward. This post will explain how to measure laptop displays. Some further information about laptop screen sizes and factors to consider will be included.
- How to Measure Laptop Screen Size 2023?
- Is There a Standard Laptop Display Size?
- Choose Your Laptop Screen Size With Care:
- How big is your laptop & how to measure it?
- Conclusion: How to Measure Laptop Screen Size?
How to Measure Laptop Screen Size 2023?
These two approaches can help you discover the screen size.
1. Using a Measuring Tape, Measure the Screen Size
The most essential thing to keep in mind is that the diagonal of all laptop screens are equal. Also, the screen sizes listed in the specifications are diagonal, not left-to-right.
Inches are used to describe the width and height of laptop displays. So, no matter what unit you choose to measure your laptop, you must first convert it to inches.
Be aware that the screen size of your laptop does not include the monitor’s frame, which is referred to as the bezel.
2. Searching the Internet for Laptop Screen Sizes
You may also look out for the technical characteristics of your laptop on the internet.
You may quickly and easily find out the screen size of your laptop by just typing in the model number and the word “screen size” into a search engine, as seen in the accompanying picture. Here is an example of a laptop that we may use: the Dell Latitude E7450.
Is There a Standard Laptop Display Size?
Even if there is no global standard for the physical configuration or display size of your laptop, some models are more comparable than others. The screen size of the majority of laptops ranges from 13 to 15 inches.
In terms of display size, the smallest laptops have screens between 11 and 13 inches. There are other 17.3-inch laptops. Having equal diagonal measures does not guarantee that the laptops’ horizontal and vertical dimensions are the same.
Choose Your Laptop Screen Size With Care:
The following are five key factors to consider when selecting a laptop screen size. The total size and cost are also important factors to consider. Let us examine these elements.
Decide what you will do with the laptop and how large a screen and thus laptop you will need. In addition to an external monitor, a smaller laptop screen may be compensated for by purchasing an external monitor.
A bigger screen will improve your experience and make it easier to carry a laptop that doubles as a desktop PC. The smaller screen and keyboard are more convenient for travel, school, or job.
3. Multimedia Needs
Do you need a laptop to watch movies? You may benefit from a bigger screen. In addition to enhanced quality and viewing angles, you will get the most out of your gaming, movie watching, and live streaming experiences.
The size of your workstation might also assist you to decide. The usage of external displays is common for certain users, although others prefer to work only on laptops.
Consider your main workplace before settling on screen size. In a crowded environment, large screens might be cumbersome. Doing so negates most of its significant advantages. A bigger screen may be preferable if it is the sole screen in your workspace.
5. Laptop Display Dimensions
You should compare your present laptop screen’s size to others while you’re shopping for a new one. You may concentrate on the display size that addresses your present laptop’s inadequacies. To prevent misunderstanding, you need to know your laptop’s size.
How big is your laptop & how to measure it?
Do I need to measure my laptop to purchase a bag? The laptop screen proportions alone are insufficient. Measure its breadth, depth, and height. How?
1. Width Measurements
- Begin measuring from the front right or left.
- Measure from one front corner to the other.
- Remember to include any round edges.
- Convert centimeters to inches if you have them.
2. Dimensions Measurements
- Begin in the right or left corner.
- Bring the measuring tape down to the front corner of the laptop.
- Include the circular edges as well.
- If needed, convert depth to inches.
3. Height Measurements
- Close your laptop’s screen to get the height.
- Begin measuring at any of the bottom sides.
- Take the tape to the closed screen’s top.
- Your laptop will be 2 inches tall.
- Convert to inches.
- Best Laptops For Teachers: Best Notebooks For The Classroom
- 5 Best Laptops For Law School Students: [Top Picks]
- 7 Best Gaming Laptops Under $800: Best Buy [After 3 Weeks of Testing]
- 5 Best Laptops For Solidworks: Our Top Picks
- 5 Best Laptops for Animation: ( 3D & 2D ) + Hardware Guide
Conclusion: How to Measure Laptop Screen Size?
Using the techniques described in this tutorial, you may quickly determine your laptop’s screen size. While the most typical way is to measure diagonally, you may also lookup your model’s specs online. But first, you need to know your laptop’s model number.
Also, there is no standard screen size, so your needs and how you use the laptop will determine the optimal screen size for you.
A bigger screen is better for gaming or productivity, while a smaller screen is preferable for a lighter, portable laptop with exceptional battery life.
Let us know if this tutorial helps you measure your laptop’s screen size. Also, feel free to ask any questions.