In this post, you’ll get to know about How to Find Someone IP Address on PS4 2022.
Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to discover a PS4 user’s IP address?
This page contains all the information you’ll need to get started with this seemingly impossible endeavor.
On PS4, voice chat is the most common method of communication between users.
Due to the numerous alternatives for anonymity provided by gamer tags and privacy settings, people can be quite brazen when conversing online.
Due to the intensely competitive nature of gaming, these conversations can frequently devolve into other forms of harsh remarks.
The heated discussion can even result in the exchange of various types of threats. One of the most common is to threaten your opponent with knowing their IP address and whereabouts.
A DDoS assault could impede or halt your connection despite the fact that the majority of these criticisms are unfounded.
How would someone learn your IP address if they just had access to your PS4? Unfortunately, it is not difficult to discover the IP address of another individual.
When conducting any activity online, you must secure yourself and your personal information.
You must also understand how your IP can be identified in order to better protect yourself in the future.
Identifying someone’s PS4 IP address
The PlayStation 4 has been designed to conceal your intellectual property from the public, but with the use of a few tools, your IP can be discovered in numerous ways.
Below, you’ll find some of the most common techniques for obtaining an individual’s IP address on PS4, as well as tips on how to keep your data secure.
1. Monitor packets using your computer
Wireshark is one of the most used tools for this strategy.
Using PS4 P2P connectivity, you can use Wireshark’s services on the console by following a series of steps. These straightforward methods are further discussed below.
- Ensure that your computer is linked to the internet via Wi-Fi or a broadband connection.
- Once you’re connected to the internet, connect your PS4 to your PC using an ethernet cable and activate connection sharing. This enables your PlayStation 4 to be connected to your network. All data will pass through your PC before it reaches your console.
- Next, you can use Wireshark to examine every packet of data that comes through your computer, allowing you to isolate IP addresses as necessary.
In addition, if you have the right equipment, you may inspect the IPs of the users you’re playing with by port-mirroring traffic from your PS4 to a PC running Wireshark.
2. Make use of IP pullers like Grabify
You must convince the user to click on the link in order to obtain their IP address.
Although this is a more straightforward way, you must convince the PS4 user to click on your link, which might be easy or very tough depending on the individual.
You must visit Grabify in order to shorten the provided URL.
When a person clicks on your link, Grabify will record their IP address before redirecting them to the specified link. Instructions on how to properly utilize their services are provided below.
- Initially, it would be prudent to identify the stuff you believe the other player may be interested in. This will make convincing them to click your link easier.
- Next, visit the Grabify homepage and enter your URL in the designated field.
- Then, a shortened version of the URL and a tracking code will be issued. This code will be used to track who clicks on your link, and the URL shortening service will be utilized to capture the IP address.
- Once you have your personalized URL, you will need to share it with the other PS4 player.
- From here, you may visit Grabify to determine if your link’s tracking code has been clicked. If they have, you will obtain their IP, operating system, and device information, as well as their geolocation.
This strategy may be simpler to implement, but it is not always the most effective.
The majority of individuals today avoid questionable links since they are aware of the potential implications.
In some instances, someone may have a tool that reveals the genuine link behind your false URL, so revealing your intentions.
3. Make use of a PSN resolving tool
Using a PSN Resolver is a prevalent and well-known method. In addition to gathering IP information, the tool we’re discussing today is also free to use.
This PSN Resolver provides another simple solution for acquiring IP addresses over PS4, requiring only the user’s PSN ID.
Every PlayStation Network account has one, and we’ll explain how to utilize this IP-grabbing tool in further detail below.
- When you visit the PSN Resolver website, you will see two text boxes along with instructions on how to proceed.
- Then, enter the user’s PSN ID into the “Username to IP Address” box on the left, and the platform will return the user’s IP address.
- In addition, if you have the IP address of a PS4 user, you can determine the PSN ID connected with that IP.
It is important to note that a PSN Resolver will not work 100 percent of the time and can be more complicated if the user knows how to correctly mask their IP.
Considering the service’s simplicity, it’s well worth a go, and if it doesn’t work out, there are other options available.
How to prevent PS4 IP tracking?
With the knowledge of finding another PS4 user’s IP address, it’s clear how vulnerable you are if you’re not properly protected.
As previously indicated in this post, it is feasible to conceal your IP. If someone attempts to capture your IP address using any of these methods, they will only receive a false IP address with fake geolocation.
There are numerous techniques to conceal your IP address, particularly on PS4. You will require PS4-specific proxies, which are available from sites such as Blazing Proxies, MyPrivateProxy, and High Proxies.
FAQs On How to Find Someone IP Address on PS4
Is It Illegal to Lookup an Individual's IP Address?
No, it is not unlawful to loop up someone's IP address because it is publicly accessible. Illegal is the harmful and ill-intentioned use of their IP and the personal information that comes with it.
How Do I Select the Most Effective Gaming Proxies?
VPN and proxy services frequently have a negative impact on internet speed, therefore it's best to choose a proxy provider with a speed that's acceptable for your network. This enables a seamless gaming experience while concealing your true IP address. The proxy services discussed previously in this article will provide you with a multitude of possibilities.
Is it possible to prevent PS4 from tracking my IP?
Although you may not be able to prevent tracking because an IP address is essential to play online, you can take the appropriate precautions to conceal your real IP. Therefore, if your IP address is detected, only false data will be sent. This can be accomplished utilizing proxies or a VPN provider.
- How to Fix Ps4 Won’t Turn On (No Beep/No Light) Error?
- How to Fix the PS4 White Light of Death?
- How Can You Have Two Internet Providers in One House?
Conclusion: How to Find Someone IP Address on PS4 2022?
It’s important to note that none of these IP-grabbing techniques should be misused. It’s always a good idea to remain informed about online security, but it’s crucial to remember that none of these methods should be used maliciously.
Although discovering someone’s IP may not be unlawful, utilizing it against them is. When playing video games online, receiving threats, regardless of their veracity, can be discouraging and cause privacy concerns.
Understanding the tactics presented in this post will only enhance your ability to protect yourself in the future.