In this blog post, you’ll get to know about the Browser Statistics.
There have been numerous technological advancements in recent times, and the web has had the greatest impact on daily living.
We use the internet to interact with people all over the globe, exchange information, listen to music, watch movies and even shop online.
Your web browser is the portal through which we may access so much information and accomplish so many activities.
Millions of people use browsers around the world, but exactly what do you know about them? Be ready to be amazed by the accompanying browser metrics, facts, and numbers.
Browser Statistics: Important Stats & Facts About Browsers
Here are some of the key takeaways on browser statistics.
1. Google Chrome is used by approximately 3 billion people across the planet. The web was ruled by browsers like Microsoft’s Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox until Google Chrome was released in 2008.
2. Chrome was only one of a few browsers that saw a growth in user numbers year after year. As per Google Play, in 2019,
3. Chrome has received 5 billion downloads.
Stats on Browser Use
1. According to data from December 2020, computer users were outnumbered by smartphone users when it came to web usage.
2. From November 2020 to January 2021, 5.2 billion people visited US government websites, with 56.6 percent using a smartphone device, 47.1 percent using Google Chrome, and 35.2 percent using iOS operating systems.
3. In December 2020, little above 5 percent of computer consumers were still utilizing Internet Explorer, according to research. Mobile browser usage has risen from 31.36 percent in the year 2015 to 50.81 percent by the year 2020.
Stats for Mobile Browsers
1. Chrome is the most prominent mobile browser, followed closely by Safari, which could be due to the fact that it is the default browser on iOS devices.
2. In December 2021, Safari was the most popular internet browser among tablet owners (44.57 percent ).
3. Samsung’s Internet Browser has received over 1 billion downloads.
4. In 2021, smartphone users spent an average of 155 minutes on the internet, compared to 37 minutes for desktop users.
Stats on Browser Market Share
1. Google Chrome is used by nearly 7 out of 10 individuals, making it the leading internet browser by far.
2. Opera is the least popular browser.
3. Google Chrome controls over 67 percent of global mobile browser traffic.
4. Nearly 5 million smartphone internet users had installed Chrome by mid-June 2019.
5. Google Photos has over 4 trillion photos in its database, and 28 billion movies and photos are submitted every week.
6. From October 2019 to 2030, the number of persons accessing the mobile internet increased by 102 million.
7. South Korea has the quickest mobile connection speed (mobile), with a speed of 121 Mbps.
Stats on Browser Security
1. Chrome takes user security very seriously, displaying 250 million alerts of harmful or hacked websites on average.
2. Google’s Safe Browsing program protects nearly 4 billion browser consumers from malware, phishing attempts, and other security threats.
3. When it comes to security upgrades, Chrome takes the shortest time (15 days), followed by Firefox (28 days), Internet Explorer (30 days), and Safari (54 days).
4. When it comes to ad blocking, UC Browser is the most prevalent browser, with almost 400 million users globally.
5. Google has discovered around 1,000 malware websites and over 40,000 phishing sites per day since the end of 2020.
6. As of January 2021, Firefox has 1873 weaknesses, while Chrome has 1858.
7. Breaches in Data can be extremely costly; the average cost in 2020 was $3.86 million.
8. In 2021, hackers gained access to 3 billion Yahoo accounts, making it the second-largest data breach in history.
FAQs about Browser Statistics
How many different browsers are there?
There are almost 100 different browsers available.
What browser will be the most popular in 2022?
Google Chrome maintains the dominating browser market share of 64.53 percent as of March 2022. Safari comes in second with 18.84 percent, followed by Edge with 4.05 percent.
Is Firefox on its way out?
For longer than a decade, Firefox has been on the decline. It has lost 75 percent of its market share and a total of half a billion customers.
What percentage of people increase the font size in their browser?
Based on where you acquire your information, the amount of people that raise the size of the font of their browser ranges from 88 percent to 99 percent.
What proportion of users use browser extensions?
There are approximately 137,000 extensions in the Chrome Web Store, yet 86.3 percent of them have less than 1,000 users. Only 1.79 percent of the addons have 100,000 or more users.
Conclusion: Browser Statistics
The internet browser market is currently controlled by a few well-known browsers, including Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Samsung Internet, and UC Browser.
While a small fraction of individuals are still on Internet Explorer, it is no longer considered a major participant in the industry. Edge, on the other hand, might be Microsoft’s rescue.
We compiled this intriguing list of browser data from a variety of sources, including Statista, Backlinko, Techjury, StatCounter, Finances Online, Stack Exchange, and Its FOSS News.
Sources: No source link is mentioned on the website https://thrivemyway.com/browser-statistics/