With a printer made for cardstock, you can make postcards, greeting cards, business cards, and other fancy cards from your home.
These cards can be made with a cardstock printer, but you need to find one that can handle the paper you want to use and is easy to operate.
Here, I have mentioned some of the 10 best printers for cardstock:
Canon Pixma IX6820
Epson WorkForce WF-7720
HP Laserjet Pro M402n
Canon Pixma PRO-10
Xerox Phaser 6510/DN
10 Best Printer For Cardstock 2023
Here, I have concluded some of the finest printers for cardstock:
1. Canon Pixma iX6820 [Five Colors of Ink For More Detail]
Canon Pixma IX6820
- Print up to 13 x 19
- 5 Color Ink System
- 9600 x 2400 Maximum Color DPI
- 1-picoliter-sized ink droplets
This printer from Canon should be your first choice if you want a good one. The Canon Pixma iX6820 is an inkjet printer made by one of the best companies in the photography and printing industries.
With a maximum resolution of 9600×2400, you can ensure that your papers have more details. The five-color ink system can also use four dye-based inks to make photos with more detail.
The fifth ink is a black pigment-based ink that you can use to make detailed text in the works you want to make. The inks can make droplets as small as 1 picoliter, which lets them make the most detailed photos available.
The printer uses image analysis features to ensure the right settings are used so that a printout comes out well. You can always make a better image with the help of this printer’s analysis tools.
The My Image Garden feature includes face recognition and spatial analysis points. These help the unit change the printer settings based on what it thinks is best for your next task.
Wi-Fi support is built into the printer to make sure it works well. Any computer that needs help can connect to the unit. You can also set up a virtual queue that tells the printer which printing jobs must be done first.
- Supports Google Cloud Print
- You can choose from various settings templates based on the media you’re using.
- It can hold several pounds of paper at a time
- It is difficult to load and remove the ink cartridges
- It is necessary to adjust the tray regularly for the unit to work properly
2. Epson Workforce WF-7720 [The Number 1 Green Choice]
Epson WorkForce WF-7720
- 4.3″ Touchscreen
- Automatic Two-Sided Printing
- Versatile Paper Handling
- Hands-free voice-activated printing
When you use the Epson Workforce WF-7720 to print on cardstock, you won’t have to worry about using much power.
The Workforce printer uses about 80% less power than similar models.
The printer can connect through Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or NFC. The unit doesn’t need a lot of data or power to start working for you. Using a low-power USB connection, you can also connect the Workforce printer directly to a computer.
The ability to automatically copy, scan, and fax on both sides of a page means that you can do all these things in one place without using several machines at once.
The automatic document feeder for 35 pages also makes the unit easy to support. The 500-sheet tray works well, and a cardstock tray is also in the back.
The 125-sheet output tray ensures you can put all your cardstock in one place, so printing on heavy cardstock works well.
- On the go, you can control the Epson printer using the Epson printing app
- The printer body includes a 4.3-inch control panel
- It can process 10 color images per second or 18 black-and-white images per second
- Some connections require a USB cable, which is not included
- It can be easy to mix up the two separate trays for paper
3. Brother HL-L2300D [Ideal For Black & White Printing]
- Prints up To 27 ppm
- Automatic duplex printing
- 250 Sheet Capacity Paper Tray
- Automatic 2-sided print
Not every job on cardstock needs you to print in color. You can use the Brother HL-L2300D printer if you need a black-and-white device with a useful body.
The HL-L2300D is a laser printer that can print on both sides of a paper. Your toner can work on both sides and has a maximum resolution of 2400600 dpi.
The 250-sheet paper tray makes it easy to get printing jobs going, but you’ll need to consider the cardstock thickness you want to use.
The manual feed slot and back paper exit give you the necessary controls and ensure the controls work well.
The Brother printer is a big plus because it can work quickly. About 27 pages per minute (ppm) are printed by the printer.
- Fast USB 2.0 connection
- Saving paper with automatic duplexing is a good idea
- A compact body makes it easy to place on any counter or other compact surface
- Wireless printing is not supported
- The printer can only be used on one computer at a time
- It has no direct control screen on its body
You May Also Like:
4. HP Laserjet Pro M402n [Works With Ethernet Quality]
HP Laserjet Pro M402n
- Print from mobile devices
- Load up to 900 sheets of paper
- Optional high-yield cartridge
- Optional job storage
- Low energy use
The Ethernet connection standard is popular because it lets many devices work together over a fast and safe link.
The HP Laserjet Pro M402n is a black-and-white printer that can print on cardstock and works with an Ethernet connection.
For black-and-white images, the M402n can print at speeds of up to 40 ppm. The unit can work with a fast connection and has enough space for many cardstock papers.
At least 200 pieces of cardstock paper can be put into the printer. When you’re working with business cards or other one-sided formal paper, it’s easy to control the unit because the paper tray can be moved.
The two-line display on the side of the printer lets you set up the controls. You don’t have to deal with any annoying controls to get the printer to work right.
- Toner cartridges for standard and high-yield bodies are compatible
- When idle for a while, the printer automatically shuts off
- The printer can be linked directly to a smartphone or tablet document
- Ethernet and USB links cannot be used simultaneously
- Printing from USB drives is not supported
- There is no automatic document feeder
5. Xerox VersaLink C400/DN [Flexible Laser Functionality]
The Xerox VersaLink C400/DN is a good laser printer that can print on color and black-and-white cardstock. The printer has a secure printing system that handles your printing jobs carefully.
The Xerox VersaLink printer is made so that it is easy to connect to other devices. The unit will find devices that work with the printer and ensure that all the data handled during the printing process is handled securely.
The intrusion prevention feature will make sure that the laser will work well for the work you want to do. The Xerox printer has a five-inch color control panel that lets you change the quality of your copies.
The panel is straightforward to use when planning out how to do different tasks. This model can print 30 pages per minute (ppm) in black and white, which is also a plus.
- It supports many cardstock units and has a large paper capacity
- Various control methods are available on the on-board control panel
- Using the app, you can link documents easily.
- There is a little too much physical bulk to the printer
- Starts up slowly
6. Canon TS9120 [Connects In Many Ways]
- Mobile and Tablet Printing
- Print Resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi
- 6-Color Ink System
- 5″ Touchscreen LCD
- Print Speed: 15 ipm Black / 10 ipm Color
- Airprint(TM) & Google Cloud Print compatible
The Canon TS9120 is made so that you can set up your printing tasks in many different ways. You can connect your Canon printer in many ways to get the most out of your Canon printer.
The unit works with both Wi-Fi and a wireless LAN connection.
You can use this to connect to many computers at once and use a queue to ensure the printer doesn’t have to work harder than it needs to when it has a lot of work.
The printer’s ability to connect wirelessly through Bluetooth is helpful, but the fact that it can also run various other programs is a nice touch.
You can change how the printer works with the Canon Print app on a mobile device. There is also support for Google Cloud Print and PictBridge, which lets the printer stay on.
The printing tray can be changed to work with different kinds of cardstock. These have different layouts and settings for business cards. Different options for setting up photos include 46, 57, and 55 adjustments.
- Adjusting the printer’s settings is as simple as using its control panel
- Materials based on discs can also be used
- Support for front and rear cardstock papers
- The built-in memory card reader takes a while to read data
- Extra attachments are needed to extend the output tray
7. Epson Expression Premium ET-7750 [Works Without Cartridges]
The Epson Expression Premium ET-7750 differs from most cardstock printers because it doesn’t use ink or toner cartridges.
The printer doesn’t need any cartridges to work. You can get the printer ready quickly because it has a simple layout with ink ports on the end of the body.
The plan works because you have to hand the ink into the printer. You can tell how much ink is left by looking at the levels on the side.
This includes the four-color inks and the black pigment material that you can use. The inks can work with images up to 57601440 and photos up to 1117.
The best thing about using these inks is that you can ensure you get the best materials quickly.
With the USB and memory card slots, you can print things even if you don’t have a computer. You can see the things you want to use on the printer’s screen.
You can also control your access to valuable things with Wi-Fi and Ethernet controls.
- It is easy to fill the ink ports
- It supports copying, scanning, and taking photos
- It is effortless to secure and prepare an Ethernet connection
- There are times when the auto-stop ink bottles included fail to stop as needed
- The printer takes up too much space
8. Brother HL-L6200DWT [Simple Duplex Printing]
- Flexible paper handling
- Triple layer security
- Automatic two-sided printing
- Convenient mobile device printing
The Brother HL-L6200DWT printer lets you print on both sides of a page, which makes it easier to handle printing tasks quickly.
By using two paper trays, the printer can handle more printing tasks. The trays can hold two different sizes of paper.
According to the data sent for the print job, the printer can also determine when the trays need to be changed based on the cardstock size.
The printer’s quick support will help you set it up in a way that is both useful and easy to understand. Help is given for managing different print speeds based on how challenging the task is.
This can work at up to 48 ppm at a time. You can also connect the printer to a USB if you want to. This model has a very fast USB speed.
- Capacity for a large amount of paper
- Utilizes USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi links
- New printing requests are responded to quickly by the printer
- The Wi-Fi connection takes a while to establish
- The Control panel with a single bar is difficult to use
9. Canon Pixma PRO-10 [Analyzes Colors Well]
Canon Pixma PRO-10
- Gallery-quality A3+ photo printer
- 10-ink pigment-based system
- Professional color& monoprints
- Enhanced connectivity
- Outstanding image permanence
This printer from Canon’s Pixma line is your last choice for a useful printer. The Optimum Image Generating setup is a color analysis system with the printer.
Before printing, the possible ink combinations needed to make specific colors are looked at. The work ensures that the printed materials are easy to read and handle.
The Chroma Optimizer feature also tells you how far above your cardstock the ink should be.
The setup will determine how much ink must be put on and how well the ink reflects off the surface. The quality of the paper will be looked at to ensure it’s good enough to use here.
The high-speed USB setup also makes connecting the printer to a computer easy. Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections have been added, which is a big plus.
You can connect a camera phone, camcorder, or digital camera to the printer through the PictBridge connection setup. For this setup to work, you don’t need a computer.
- Supports 4800 dpi resolution settings
- A borderless print provides a more accurate representation
- Compatible with a wide range of inks
- Keeping every ink cartridge organized in the printer can be challenging
- Starts up slowly
10. Xerox Phaser 6510/DN [Offers Pantone Support]
Xerox Phaser 6510/DN
- Up to 1200 x 2400 dpi
- Fast Printing Speed
- Print speed up to 30 ppm
- Up to 30,000 pages per month
The Xerox Phaser 6510/DN is the only printer for cardstock that can use Pantone color swap matching technology. Pantone is a group that focuses a lot on color support and design.
Their unique swap-matching system helps the printer find the right settings based on printed colors.
The Pantone system puts a lot of emphasis on accuracy, which means that the results of your cardstock printing will meet your needs.
The Wi-Fi printer can handle speeds of up to 30 pages per minute (ppm) and print up to 30,000 pages per month.
The printer also starts up quickly after you turn the power on. This gives you the extra control to get the print job done faster and better.
Continuous printing is a useful feature that is easy to use. The unit has a simple design that doesn’t get in the way of the fast printing of cards.
- Provides support for a wide range of cardstock paper types
- Ensures proper printing on both sides with automatic duplexing
- For better accuracy, use black and white and color together
- With a weight of more than 60 pounds, the unit is extremely heavy
- It isn’t easy to use the paper-loading feature
- There isn’t much distinction between the control panel and the rest of the interface.
Editor’s Top Pick
The Canon Pixma iX6820 printer is made in a way that makes it better at printing on different kinds of cardstock.
It’s a plus that the printer can handle different kinds of cardstock and connect in different ways. The Pixma printer’s resolution support also helps you give your print jobs the control and design features they need.
- Top 5 Best Thermal Label Printers
- 8 Best Printers For Art Prints
- Top 8 Best Printers For Cricut
- Top 9 Best All-In-One Color Laser Printers
Final Words: Best Printer For Cardstock 2023
The different printers you can look at for your needs are worth noticing.
You should look at how well these printers can work for you, but the Canon Pixma iX6820 is the best option for getting something ready to print.