List of Best Budget Gaming Keyboards 2022
1) Razer Ornata Chroma –
Revolutionary Mecha-Membrane Gaming Keyboard with Mid-Height Keycaps – Ergonomic Design
For too long there has been a division between mechanical and membrane keys but now Razer has finally got the two of them together with its “Mecha-Membrane” (the technology it uses) which works as there is a membrane under the keys that allows for longer life and low-profile typing, but there are still mechanical parts in it which gives it that rough click.
- Attractively priced.
- Fine typing experience for any application.
- Limited features
- Some adjustment may be required.
2) Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
The K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE, the keyboard came in the gaming world from another exclusive deal that Corsair has had with Cherry’s new mechanical key switch, the “RAPIDFIRE”.
It is a switch designed specifically for gaming by combining light actuation with higher actuation speed. ‘Corsair’s K70 RGB Rapidfire keyboard is all about its speed’.
It has a pretty simple key selection of 107 keys, though there are a few media buttons designed on the upper right along with a roll bar for adjusting the volume also.
The aluminum board it has makes it solid and also is heavier than the average keyboard. The visual treat is combined with the crisp, light typing makes the Rapidfire K70 RGB a sensory delight for the users.
- Immaculate build quality
- Sleek, elegant design
- Comfortable wrist rest
- RGB Lighting
- Cherry MX RGB lighting is kind of dull and cannot display white effectively.
- No USB or Audio passthrough
3) SteelSeries Apex M800
The Apex M800’s mechanical switches set in this keyboard stands this out from the rest of the market. It’s a collaboration between SteelSeries and Chinese firm Kailh, and its design for the low-profile operation is fast as well as quiet.
The keys use a square plunger and a small spring attached with enough space in the middle to embed an LED. The result is an impressively even backlight on the keyboard and a smaller, more compact design.
- Quiet, low-profile keys
- Provides Consistent, comfortable typing.
- RGB backlighting.
- No dedicated media buttons are available.
- Unmanageable USB ports
- Only plastic throughout
4) Cherry MX Board 6.0
Cherry’s MX Red switches present under the keys give the MX Board 6.0 fast response times when compared with others, but because the keys are positioned fairly close together they’re excellent for typing too.
- Mechanical keyboard
- Cherry MX Red key switches
- Solid aluminum faceplate
- Detachable magnetic wrist rest
- Red backlighting
- Very expensive given feature set
- Some counter-intuitive layout choices
- No macro or key-reassignment software
- No repeat key interval adjustment
5) Logitech G810
Termed as a minimalist gaming weapon for the gamers out there.
The Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum is a pleasing RGB mechanical keyboard that makes you feel great whether you’re encountering foes in Counter-Strike or typing the Great American Novel.
- Elegant design
- Excellent performance
- A comfortable set of keys
- Gorgeous backlighting
- Some software oddities present.
- Not the fastest option for typing.
6) Division Zero X40
The X40 Pro uses a new proprietary key switch design called Alpha-Zulu that boasts an actuation point of 1.7mm which previously was of typical 2mm, which according to Metadot provides enhanced performance during, particularly intense gaming situations.
- Sturdy construction.
- Includes USB, audio pass-through connections.
- Utilizes full n-key rollover.
- A removable top plate allows for unique visual customization.
- Relatively expensive given the feature set.
- Limited backlight configurability.
- Cumbersome top plate screws.
7) Coolermaster Storm Quickfire TK
For those who desire a small compact mechanical keyboard, CM Storm has released the gaming-orientated QuickFire TK to fulfill the purpose.
CM Storm releases the QuickFire TK, a more compact version of the QuickFire Pro that fits in your backpack too.
- The compact dimensions make it easy to use.
- Three backlight modes along with five brightness levels creating a pleasant image.
- Switching options is not that easy to understand.
8) Tesoro Excalibur G7NL
Let us look at the Tesoro Excalibur features and specifications found in Tesoro’s which does have some pretty good features as expected from a keyboard of this range, totally worth the money.
One thing which is noticeable quite easily is the absence of Cherry MX switches, Excalibur is still using mechanical switches from Kailh which are cheaper than their cherry variants used before.
- Macros Supported
- Very Cheap as well as affordable by many as compared to others
- Minimalist and Standard Design
- Build Quality isn’t that much great
- USB Pass-through ports are missing
9) Razer DeathStalker Ultimate
As cool as its name is, specially designed for gamers. The Switchblade interface which has been added recently adds a new element to the gameplay, with game data and macro recording available on too, and without interfering with your game.
For gamers who want to experiment with Razer’s Switchblade interface without having to pay the extra bucks for a Razer Blade laptop, the DeathStalker Ultimate is the way to go.
- Switchblade (Touch screen panel)
- Razer Synapse 2.0
- Stylish Design
- Only for Gamers.
- Not so convenient Typing Experience.
- Very expensive (The most expensive keyboard, very very.)
10) HyperX Alloy FPS
The HyperX Alloy FPS Gaming Keyboard has a clear gamer profile someone who knows about the stuff and values the performance, portability, and simplicity over jam-packed features and customizability.
It has some convenient options, such as USB pass-through and charging, but the lack of customization software means the Alloy FPS won’t appeal to gamers who like to personalize the look and function of each key.
There’s no palm rest, rows of macro keys, or dedicated media controls, so the Alloy FPS doesn’t leave much of a footprint—this gives you lots of extra room space.
The default keycaps are black. There is per-key backlighting available, but the lighting effects are not as visually appealing as on other keyboards in the market.
- Compact size.
- Does not require software. Supports USB pass-through and features a charging port.
- Optional red textured keycaps are attractive and easy to put on.
- No macro keys or dedicated media controls.
- Limited color options.
11) AULA 2016-S Rainbow
The AULA 2016-S Rainbow is best for both the purposes of gaming and typing, selling for a good price. The rubber feet at the bottom don’t offer much resistance but the keyboard moves forward with pressure on the wrist rest.
The gaming and the typing purpose for a user on this keyboard are satisfactory since it is present right in the middle of the keyboard.
- Satisfactory customer reviews.
- Easy to use.
- Not to advance or has the latest features that other keyboards available.
FAQs | Best Budget Gaming Keyboards
👉 Are expensive gaming keyboards worth it?
Gaming keyboards can be worth it if they have the proper features such as mechanical switches, N-key rollover, and a wired connection. Most of the extra features that come with a gaming keyboard don't make you better in-game but can be useful and worth it.
🙋♀️ What is the best gaming keyboard for under $100?
Best Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Under $100: SteelSeries Apex 5 Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. ... Smaller Alternative: Obinslab Anne Pro 2. ... Best Wireless Gaming Keyboard Under $100: Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. ... Best Non-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Under $100: Razer Ornata V2.
🤷♂️ How much should a gaming keyboard cost?
Between $100 and $150 is generally the sweet spot for gaming keyboards. This is where you'll find models like the Corsair Strafe ($110, at Amazon) or the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2016 ($110, at Amazon). These keyboards have mechanical switches, monocolored backlighting, and a full range of keys, including a Numpad.
🤷♂️ Is Corsair or Razer better?
Razer Mice. ... So in terms of functionality, the Razer Naga is perfect, and if you play a lot of MMOs and RPGs, then that's the mouse for you. It even won the best choice spot in our article on the best MMO gaming mice, so check that out. If you're looking for the best FPS mouse, Corsair has the better selection.
- Best Gaming Mouse: Buyer’s Guide [Top Picks Under $99]
- Best Ethernet Switches (Under $149)- Best Sellers Gigabit Switches
- 10 Best Wireless Routers: A Complete Buyers Guide
Final Verdict: Your Favorite Best Budget Gaming Keyboard?
And now we are concluding our discussion of the Best Budget Gaming Keyboards 2022 available in the market for die-hard gamers out there.
In this discussion, we have concluded that the Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire is the most reliable, efficient, and gets a thumbs up on a performance basis.
This is just our perspective, one can choose any one listed above or any other according to their needs and keeping these factors in mind and let us know in the comment section about the one you chose or you already are using.?