This is the article for you if you want to know the best 17-inch laptops under $500 in 2023.
Laptops with larger screens, like 17-inch models, provide better viewing and are ideal for creating presentations and cognitive flexibility.
Artists tend to prefer 17-inch laptops because they can open multiple windows for video editing, image editing, and other activities. Most laptops have screen sizes ranging from 13 to 15 inches in order to be compact.
Many people, however, especially gamers and working professionals, have multiple windows open at the same time. They hate the small screen size because it does not suit their needs.
- Are 17-inch Laptops Expensive?
- Best 17-inch Laptops Under 500 USD 2023
- What Features Should I Look for in a 17-inch Laptop?
- Conclusion: Best 17-inch Laptops Under $500 2023
Are 17-inch Laptops Expensive?
Students who aren’t ready to give up their desktop experience struggle to adjust to smaller screens.
There are 17-inch laptops on the market to provide more screen space to such professionals and students.
Despite the fact that larger screens require more power and high-tech features, we were able to find some reasonably priced options for you.
If you’re looking for the best 17-inch laptops under $500, we’ve put together a list for you.
I came across many 17-inch laptops during my research, but they were all ridiculously expensive. It was difficult to find some within your budget, but I have listed the best within your budget here for you.
Best 17-inch Laptops Under 500 USD 2023
Do you want to find the best 17-inch laptops under $500?
Who these days doesn’t want to get their hands on an Ultrabook?
Everyone does, especially when a 17-inch laptop costs less than an Ultrabook. Whatever the case, some people prefer bigger screens and will trade anything for them.
These low-cost 17-inch laptops come with rakish hardware that will undoubtedly meet all of your needs. So read through the guide to figure out which laptop is best for you.
- HP 17.3 Notebook
- Dell Inspiron 17 3793
- Asus Vivobook F712DA
- Lenovo IdeaPad 320
- Acer Aspire 5
- Lenovo Built Business Laptop
- Business Flagship Laptop by HP
HP 17.3″ Notebook
Dell Inspiron 17 3793
ASUS VivoBook F712DA
Lenovo IdeaPad 320
Acer Aspire 5
Lenovo Built Business Laptop
Business Flagship Laptop By Hp
This article will go over some of the best 17-inch laptops under $500.
1. HP 17.3″ NOTEBOOK
HP 17.3″ NoteBook
- 1TB 5400 RPM hard drive
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
- Intel® HD Graphics 5500
- 6GB DDR3L SDRAM (2-DIMM)
- 5th Gen Intel® i3-5005U Processor
The HP 17.3-inch Notebook is one of our top picks because it is packed with high-end features, making it one of the best laptops under $500 for college students and professionals alike.
It is also the best 17-inch gaming laptop available. The laptop has a large, highly detailed display that allows for easy navigation while delivering high-quality graphics even in low-light conditions.
The laptop is powered by an Intel® CoreTM i3-5005U Processor from the 5th generation, which offers powerful processing and allows you to manage multiple tasks at once. The 6GB of DDR3L SDRAM aids in fast and reliable processing, while the 1 TB hard drive allows you to store large files on your laptop.
- Extra Storage
- Backlit Keyboard and display
- HD Webcam
- Doesn’t fit in a regular bag
Despite its low price, the laptop has high speed and performance.
Aside from the processing features, the laptop has many other unique features, such as a multi-gesture touchpad and a full-size backlit keyboard, which enhance the overall user experience.
2. Dell Inspiron 17 3793
Dell Inspiron 17 3793
- 256GB SSD Storage
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
- Multi-Format Digital card reader
- Intel® HD Graphics 5500
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Intel Core i7 7500U
The Dell Inspiron 17 3793 is a 17-inch laptop with a mind-boggling finish, a large display, and a plethora of features designed to please the entire family.
With NVIDIA® GeForce® Discrete Graphics as an option, this best 17-inch laptop under $500 can easily handle intensive photo- or video editing without slowing down.
You may also opt for a hybrid hard drive with up to 1 TB of storage space for faster responsiveness and plenty of space for photos, files, and other data.
It’s time to get started without hesitation. You no longer have to wait between charges with a battery life of up to 7 hours.
- The slim and elegant casing
- Swift has a good build, but the processor is not very energy-efficient.
- Even in battery mode, full power is available.
- The operation is quiet.
- Low-temperature growth
- Speakers who are competent
- No dedicated graphics card
- Few USB ports
- Low gaming power
- Weak keyboard feedback
It provides the best of everything you need, whether it’s a power player, large storage, unplugging options, or optional graphics, with an amazing performance.
The Dell Inspiron 5000 has excellent performance and stunning visuals making it easier for Web pages, apps, and games to load quickly.
3. ASUS Vivobook F712DA
ASUS VivoBook F712DA
- Quad-Core A12-9720P Processor
- 17.3” HD+ Display
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 1TB FireCuda hybrid HDD Storage
- Backlit Keyboard
The Asus Vivobook F712DA is another excellent laptop in terms of performance and connectivity.
The laptop has an AMD Quad Core A12-9720P Processor, 8GB of DDR4 RAM, and 1TB of FireCuda hybrid HDD storage.
All of these characteristics work together to make the laptop ideal for multitasking. In regards to connectivity, the laptop has all of the ports necessary to connect multiple devices to it at the same time.
In terms of visuals, the laptop emits pixel-perfect video with built-in algorithms that adjust the sharpness and contrast to produce realistic images.
- Long-lasting battery timing
- Perfect for daily computing
- Comprehensive connections
- Terrible touchpad
- Adequate audio
It also includes ASUS Splendid visual optimization technology, which allows you to choose between four different display modes. You can change the mode depending on your preferences and the amount of available light.
The best part is that it comes with a one-year warranty against accidental damage. It’s an excellent 17-inch laptop for the money.
Also, Read This:
4. Lenovo Ideapad 320
Lenovo IdeaPad 320
- Intel i5 Dual-Core processor
- 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM
- 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
- 17.3″ 16:9 LCD 1600 x 900 Display
- Intel HD Graphics 620
- Standard full-size keyboard
With its expanded 17-inch display and HD resolution, the Lenovo IdeaPad 320 is designed to meet your daily needs.
The IdeaPad has been prototyped with all of the features needed to multitask with ease.
This is one of the best 17-inch laptops under $500, in my opinion.
The laptop comes equipped with a powerful Intel Core i5-7200U Dual-Core processor, 8 GB of DDR4 SDRAM, and a 256GB SSD+1TB HDD, allowing the processor to perform all tasks smoothly and efficiently.
The screen resolution of 1600 x 900 provides highly detailed realistic images that enhance the overall experience.
- Detailed Screen Display
- Tactile Keyboard
- Multiple connections
- Slower HDD
- Average Battery Life
In terms of durability, the laptop has a unibody framework that comes with a special protective polish that protects the laptop from wear and tear.
The rubber pads on the bottom provide ventilation, preventing the laptop from overheating. The laptop’s overall design and features place it among the best high-performance laptops on the market.
5. Acer Aspire 5
Acer Aspire 5
- 15.6″ Full HD IPS Display
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5
- 8GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax
- Fingerprint Reader
- Backlit KB
Acer is an excellent laptop manufacturer. The Acer Aspire 5 is one of the best 17-inch laptops under $500 on the market.
It has some outstanding features and it’s shocking to know it’s only $500.
To begin, it is equipped with the most recent generation, namely the 10th Generation Intel Core i5 Quad-Core processor, which facilitates ultra-rapid switching between windows on your computer.
It also has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage space. The display on this Acer laptop is to die for, with multiangular viewing and visual reproduction.
- It has some of the latest new technology, such as the fingerprint scanner and WiFi 6 compatibility.
- It is super-light, weighing just 3.9 pounds, which is significantly less than most bigger-sized laptops.
- This laptop uses the latest generation processor, which means it has super-efficient multitasking and brilliant working speed.
- It has a battery life of a whopping 9.5 hours.
- The sound system of the Acer Aspire 5 is powerful, with strong bass and loud volume.
- The size of the hard drive is a mere 256 GB, which is very less compared to other laptops
- The durability of the Acer Aspire 5 is low and can malfunction soon after purchase
Other notable features of the Acer Aspire 5 include fingerprint unlocking, a backlit keyboard, and WiFi 6 support.
It’s also the lightest laptop in the lineup, weighing only 3.9 pounds.
6. Lenovo Built Business Laptop
Lenovo Built Business Laptop
- 17.3″ HD+ Display
- Intel i5-7200U Processor
- Bluetooth Webcam
- 1TB HDD DVD
- 802.11AC WIFI HDMI
This laptop features an Intel i5 Core processor from the 7th generation, as well as 8 GB of RAM.
While many laptops in this price range have this feature, the Lenovo is without a doubt one of the best 17-inch laptops under $500 because its RAM can be expanded to 16 GB! That is correct; it is adaptable.
With 8 GB of RAM that can be expanded to 16 GB, this laptop can run multiple applications at the same time.
Lenovo also includes 1 TB of storage space with this device.
- The redesigned touchpad is an excellent addition to this gaming and business laptop for incorporating multi-finger gestures.
- convenient and multi-gesture integration.
- It is equipped with an Intel i5 Core processor, which results in extremely fast processing and speeds.
- One of the most significant advantages of the Lenovo Built Business laptop is its expandable RAM, which ranges from 8 GB to 16 GB and allows it to accommodate and multitask through large applications with ease.
- The 2-in-1 Dolby sound system is to die for and a must-try – and it’s included with this laptop.
- This laptop comes with a fingerprint scanner, which is always a plus.
- The display system includes anti-glare technology and crystal-clear visuals, which are ideal for working in low-light environments and gaming.
- It can transfer files from four different types of memory cards, and its connectivity is excellent.
- The Lenovo Built Business Laptop is slightly on the higher side of your laptop budget.
- The screen resolution for video calling is not all that great.
This laptop has a few marking features that set it apart from the competition, particularly in this price range of 17-inch laptops.
These include a redesigned touchpad that supports multi-finger gestures, a fingerprint scanner, and a Dolby 2-in-1 sound system, to name a few. It is undoubtedly one of the best options within your price range and budget.
7. Business Flagship Laptop by HP
This laptop is explicitly designed for professional use and gaming. This does not, however, prevent it from being used by others.
Working people will benefit from the large screen because they may need to open multiple windows for workplace activities.
Large screens are also expected by gamers to help them see their game better and, as a result, play better. The HP Business Flagship laptop has a storage capacity of 2 TB.
Furthermore, the multitasking speed and efficiency are terrific, thanks to a 7th generation Intel i3 Dual-Core processor and 8 GB RAM. The laptop includes Intel HD 620 Graphics, which contribute to a stunning display system.
This laptop can be used to watch movies, view images, and other videos, make high-definition video and audio calls, create work projects in MS Office, and much more.
- Fast processor with 2 TB of storage space, which is more than enough to store tonnes of games, office files, movies, and other media.
- After a full charge, the battery lasts 9 hours.
- It has a stylish and sleek exterior appearance, and it is also very light to carry.
- Because of the large screen and excellent graphics, this laptop is ideal for gamers.
- Also, a good laptop for working professionals because it is incredibly light and easy to carry around (in case of meetings), and it has Windows 10, which gives the user access to all of the styles and requirements to make presentations, word documents, and so on.
- There is an HD webcam as well as Intel 620 Graphics, both of which provide extremely high definition quality and resolution of the screen and display. A backlit keyboard is also included.
- There aren’t many color options available.
- The SD card reader is only a micro SD card reader, which can be inconvenient if you use something that isn’t micro.
It’s a remarkably lightweight laptop that’s ideal for people who need to carry it around all the time.
For example, if you travel regularly for work, it’s a good idea to have a lighter laptop to avoid carrying around excess weight. As a result, this HP laptop is perfect for travel.
What Features Should I Look for in a 17-inch Laptop?
Laptops have a variety of features, some of which are important while the rest are just marketing jargon.
When it comes to buying a laptop, there are many features to consider, but if the large screen size is your primary requirement, then here are the essential features to consider.
This is the section of your laptop that holds whatever you are currently working on. The larger the size, the more tasks you can complete on your laptop device.
This is the most crucial part of a laptop. In layman’s terms, the processor is the engine that drives your laptop. The newer the core processor, the faster your laptop will run and the easier it will be to multitask.
3. Storage Space
Some laptops have little storage space, whereas others have plenty. In such cases, the price may vary. Always choose a laptop with the storage space that you anticipate needing.
Because 17-inch laptops are large, they can also be heavy. If you intend to carry your laptop around a lot, consider how hefty or light it is prior to buying it.
5. Screen Quality
We’re addressing the laptop’s display here. Different laptops have different display systems, and you should review which one you believe is the best and most convenient for you.
Considering these features will aid you in selecting a laptop with great attributes within your budget. You might have to skip one or two features.
For example, finding the best 17-inch laptops under $500 with a touch screen or a 17-inch 2-in-1 laptop in this price range is extremely difficult.
Aside from that, make sure you get what you want most so that you can work on your laptop from home or the office with ease.
Quick Links :
- Best Laptops Under $400
- Best Laptops for Artists
- Best Laptops For Drawing
- 5 Best Laptops For Solidworks
Conclusion: Best 17-inch Laptops Under $500 2023
Once you’ve determined your budget, which you have already done, it’s time to do your research and buy a laptop based on your preferences.
If you plan on running multiple applications at once, go with 8 GB of RAM rather than 4 GB. Keeping this in mind, we suggest the HP 17.3′ Notebook.
This laptop is the best balance of price and performance.
Aside from the processing features, the laptop has a multi-gesture touchpad and a full-size backlit keyboard, which enhances the overall user experience.