After many requests the company released their planned sitemap for Android 5.0 Lollipop updates for the ZenFone 5 and also for other Zenfone devices. But sadly the company failed to release the Lollipop updates in the expected dates.But now the company has finally released Android Lollipop Update for Zenfone 5 along with other ZenFone devices. So in this article I will share how to update your ZenFone 5 to Android Lollipop along with what are the changes that I noticed.
- Make sure device is on software version V22.214.171.124
- Download the update file from here
- Place the file to your internal/external storage
- Restart the phone
- Boom! A notification will popup saying you have an update, just click on it and install the Lollipop update.
Changes In ZenFone 5 Lollipop Update
Here is a list of few changes that I noticed on ZenFone 5 Lollipop.
- Also read: Top best reseller hosting
Multi-Taking Menu: Giving up the traditional menu tray found on Android Kitkat, it now has got the card style menu tray, which looks really cool. And with the new styled menu tray the Google search sticks to the screen even while switching between various apps. The new card style menu tray offers 3 on-screen options: Running Services, shows all the services running in the background and eating phone’s memory; Screen Pinning, allows users to pin a particular screen pinned until unpinned; Clear All, clears all apps running in background.
Call Screen: With the new lollipop update, when you get a call while using an app, a short view of caller screen appears allowing you to pick calls, while doing stuffs.
One-Hand Mode: As found in Zenfone 6, now with lollipop update the one hand mode comes in Zenfone 5 too, making it easier to access all parts of screen.
Splendid: The updated Splendid app now gives four options which are: Balance, Reading, Vivid and Customized, giving more options to customize you screen colors according to your preferences.
Battery Stats: The new battery stats now gives time estimate for discharging and also for charging, in other words, it tells you the remaining time to fully discharge or charge the phone.
Bugs List In ZenFone 5 Lollipop Update
- At every restart it is optimizing apps or “Android is Upgrading” even after wiping cache some users are reporting not solved.
- When the internet is on and you make a call, after disconnecting it the internet sign of “E” or “H+ disappears but the internet connection is still active!
- Gallery thumbnails not loading shows all blank
- Battery not charging to 100% stuck at 99% only
So, these were all the news about Zenfone 5 Lollipop update. I hope Asus’ will soon fix this bugs in further updates.